The Good Stuff
Case Study: Austin FC Creates Fan-Focused Wireless Experiences at Q2 Stadium
- Case Study
- 3 min read
AUSTIN FC AND Q2 STADIUM | AUSTIN, TX
Home of Major League Soccer’s (MLS) Austin FC, Q2 Stadium is one of the most tech-forward, modern and ecofriendly sports and entertainment venues in North America. In addition to Austin FC, this 20,500-seat multipurpose, open-air stadium hosts a variety of other sporting events, concerts, and cultural and community activities annually.
Prioritizing hospitality and a connected fan experience was important to Austin FC. Reliable cellular and Wi-Fi service were required to meet those needs.
- High-capacity network coverage facility-wide, including suites, club sections, and the field
- High speed, free Wi-Fi connectivity
- Seamless and secure network
Boingo designed, installed and manages a converged network that combines a distributed antenna system (DAS) and Wi-Fi 6 solutions to support an immersive fan experience. The addition of Passpoint technology makes Wi-Fi connectivity seamless and secure.
- Increased neutral host network capacity for data and voice mobile users
- Secure handoff between cellular and Wi-Fi networks via Passpoint. Passpoint is a Next Generation Hotspot (NGH) technology that automatically connects fans to Wi-Fi with no log-in or passwords required
- Fast, free Wi-Fi
- 24/7 network monitoring and customer care with on-demand data and analytics
Boingo’s DAS and Wi-Fi solutions support mobile ticketing and concessions while helping to bring sports action from the field to fans’ devices.