For more details, download the instructions:
Download Integration Instructions PDF
CONTACT INFORMATIONOur Boingo Media experts are here to support you and your business. If you need help or have questions, please contact:
Director, Media Operations
Director, Engineering in Strategic Programs
- Step 1: PRE-INTEGRATION and TECHNICAL EXCHANGE
- Step 2: INTEGRATION
- Step 3: POST-INTEGRATION and PRODUCTION ROLLOUT
Step 1: PRE-INTEGRATION and TECHNICAL EXCHANGE
Kick Off Call
Boingo will schedule an orientation call with you and your team. This call is technical and lasts about 30 minutes. At least one member from your team who is capable of configuring the Login Page must be present on the call. On this call we will:
- Review the details of your login page
- Discuss the Boingo Media installation process
- Evaluate all venues that will be integrated
- Answer any questions you have
- Login page
- The ability to manage the login page HTML code
- The ability to whitelist by domain with wildcards.
You will need:
Send Boingo Your Login Page Code
- Send Boingo a network device available to us for full end-to-end testing (optional, but highly recommended).
Fill Out the Venue Import Spreadsheet
We’ll need to know all about your venues. You should have received the Venue Import Excel Spreadsheet. Please fill it out as soon as possible. The info that you provide – such as address, postal code, and venue ID number – will allow us to target ads to specific venues, as well as track and report on them. A completed spreadsheet is required prior to launch.
Step 2: INTEGRATION
Install HTML and test:
- HTML: Boingo will return the HTML that you provided in Step 1, updated with our Boingo Media code, which makes the Boingo Media platform work. You’ll need to add it to your login page and test it.
- Testing: When you’re ready to start testing, use a staging environment where you can test across multiple venue IDs. If that’s not possible, Boingo will provide you a special Test Venue ID used only to test venues. Follow these functional testing steps:
- Connect to the SSID
- Open your browser if the captive network assistant (CNA)* is disabled
- Login Page should appear
- Select the login button. This is where Boingo takes over and redirects users to the Boingo Media platform.
- You will be redirected to an ad. (See flow diagram in PDF.)
- The final step of the ad is a “call to action.” This screen
provides users with one or two buttons, both of which connect the user to the internet.
- “Wi-Fi connect & learn more” button: Clicking this button triggers Boingo’s post-authentication redirect and points the user to the advertiser’s website. The user will be online.
- “No Thanks, just take me online” button: Clicking this button points the user to your venue’s typical post-authentication (welcome) page. The user will be online.
Post functional testing:
- Once completed, report your testing results to Boingo and we will validate the reporting to ensure installation was implemented correctly.
- Capture relevant screen shots or video of the testing experience and send to Boingo. This is especially useful if you experience problems with your tests.
Step 3: POST-INTEGRATION and PRODUCTION ROLLOUT
- Follow the Venue Import Configuration Guide in the following section for your production properties. Ensure that the Venue IDs generated in the ad code match the respective venue that is associated with the Login Page.
- After notifying your Boingo support rep, launch and follow the testing procedure outlined in Step 2: INTEGRATION again in the production environment.